Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Happiness is a state of mind
Many studies use data beyond wealth to calculate happiness and well-being, but they don't provide a definite answer as to who are the happiest people in the world.
Many people find that helping others brings feelings of happiness. In fact, research shows that those who volunteer tend to report greater levels of health and happiness. This is thought to be true for a few reasons.
Saturday, June 1, 2013
A lot of research has been done looking into the benefits of friendship, and the research has found exactly what you might expect. It turns out that the better quality relationships you have; the more likely you are to be happy.
- Someone who will cry when you cry.
- Someone who can laugh when you laugh
- Someone who will stick around when things get rough
- Someone who makes you smile
- someone who is willing to stick around when things get tough